Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Never Know Who You Gonna Find...





Wow! There sure are some exceptional people out here in Blogland. Did you know that the very talented artist, writer and fashion historian, Ingrid from Fashion is My Muse also has a book blog? She does! I was just over there checking out some of her book reviews and found that she has a whole section on Alice in Wonderland (that’s probably where she got her unique idea of throwing a ‘hat’ party...:)

As I was saying, Ingrid has this wonderful book blog where she reviews and discusses all sorts of issues related to her reads. who would have ever thought that you could somehow link Alice to parenting? Curious? Go visit her site here. Once you discover this charming blog, you’re sure to keep visiting for more. And for us historical fanatics, look at what I found here


-

9 comments:

May said...

Lucy, thanks for bringing this lovely blog to people's attention, I just went to check it out.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Alice in Wonderland and hat parties~ wonderful idea!Thanks for the link.<3

Anonymous said...

I used to work with a lady that was such a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland that she even went to England for the sole purpose of visiting the museum they have of the author and other historical sites. She told me all about Lewis Carroll and how he created Alice from Alice Lidell. She also gave me (for my daughter) several rare books. And you saw all the things at Tartx... there are many fans out there. I'll have to check out this site!

We have a similar obsession in Jean Plaidy, huh?

Lucy said...

Hi Matterhorn- The blog is so diverse in terms of the books reviewed, that it makes it very refreshing to visit; there's something for everyone. Thanks.

Hi Cynthia- Yes, a party! Go check out Fashion is My Muse, as well. She's got all the details if you want to particpate:)

Hey Arleigh- Your daughter is soo lucky- what a beautiful collection that must be! go check the site, I really think you'll like it. the Alice in Wonderland posts and review are different and fun. ...What Jean Plaidy obsession;)

Unknown said...

Lucy! Thank you so much for your kind words and sweet wishes to me! I so appreciate it. You are so incredibly sweet! Thank you ~ Thank you. I have missed you and I can't wait to catch up on your posts. I value your friendship so much!
xoxo
Judith~

Lucy said...

Salut Judith!! I'm so happy to see you back here. I've missed you too!! We have a lot to catch up on. You're such a sweetie and a good friend:)

Ingrid Mida said...

Hi Lucy,
I was wondering how it was that people had discovered my book blog and I should have known that you were behind it. Thanks so much Lucy. I really am grateful for your support!

Lucy said...

But Ingrid, your blog really is terrific- that's your own doing! I'm sure that whoever visits, will just want to stay;)

sallymandy said...

Hello Ms Lucy,

I just found your blog today from A Thousand Clapping Hands. It's lovely! And what a fantastic subject. I wasn't sure which post to comment on so I'll just do it here. I'll follow your blog and come back and read more. I haven't read as much historical fiction as I used to, but I'm always interested in good writing of any sort. Thank you!

sallymandy
www.thebluekimono.blogspot.com