Monday, November 23, 2009

Book Moments.. My Romanticized AMR List


For me there’s nothing better than the comforting feeling of curling up with a good book and a cup of tea- Except that these days that’s a real cliché…
It's more like- Hurry! Read, Read, Read!
It s seems like I have more of my share to read than I can actually handle.  The problem is that a lot of the books on my TBR list are for me ABSOLUTE -MUST –READS; now how’s that possible?  Am I the only one?
Let me tell you a bit about some of the books on my list- it wouldn’t be so bad if that’s where they stayed…The problem is that now they’ve become a constant ‘think- about- getting-to’. Don’t get me wrong.  I wouldn’t have it any other way- I actually live for this kind of adrenaline-and I will get to them probably faster than my worries will have me stressing...but still!
Right now here are the books I’m dying to read; which are part of what I have now renamed my AMR list (Absolutely-Must Read- List). They’re not necessarily all for review (could be)- Just exceptional ones that have me longing to get to!


























 AND..The REST OF MY PLAIDY COLLECTION! 


 
To name a few..and this is not counting all those deleiciously tempting, famous memoirs staring at me at this very moment…

I’d love to know what’s on your AMR List?



16 comments:

May said...

I'd love to read The Night's Dark Shade. Elena Maria Vidal is such a wonderful author. I was very happy to finally get to read Trianon & Madame Royale (although it was hard to read one right after the other because of the intense emotions. I had to take a break in between).

Lucy said...

Hi Matterhorn:) That's specifically why I haven't read Madame Royale..I need to psyche myself for a book that deep and touching- she's such a terrific author and I really want to read it. I don't think I've read your review. Do you mind sending me the link?
Thanks!

May said...

Sure thing:)

http://crossoflaeken.blogspot.com/2009/11/tragedy-of-royal-france.html

elena maria vidal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elena maria vidal said...

Lucy, I am honored for two of my books to be mentioned in your AMR list! Thank you, and thanks for the compliments! And Matterhorn, thank you, too!

Lucy said...

You're welcome Elena! It is the truth though..your books cannot be taken lightly- splendid reads and I can't wait to get to these:)

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I really must thank you for posting about these books so I can add them to my ever growing and already huge wish list! lol Some great books there that I hadn't heard of before :)

Lucy said...

Hi Martina:) I bet you'd love the Canadian ones..I can't wait to get to them! Thanks:)

Unknown said...

I have literally had Duchess on my shelf FOREVER. I think I got it when it first came out and for some reason it keeps getting lost. I really need to get to reading it.

BurtonReview said...

Some fun books you've got there. I had to come and see what AMR was.. =)
I think I would get stressed out if I typed up a list.. as it is quite long, and those are just the ones I received specifically for review. I have bookcases full of my own books that I absolutely MUST read...someday.
I am waiting for the day the husband wins the lottery so I can stay home.. and read.

4everQueen said...

Impressing list Lucy, i can imagine why you had to renamed it as your AMR LIST! Well so far my AMR to be read within a month are: The Last Queen, When Christ and his Saints Slept, Time and Chance, and The Reckoning. The rest of my TBR is quite extensive... Happy readings!

Lucy said...

Hi Bella, Your list is impressive too! Gortner's The Last Queen is supposed to be fabulous:) Thanks!

Lucy said...

Hey my friends Dolleygurl and Marie!! I'd love to get a peak of your AMR lists! (Probably looks similar to mine:) Staying home all day to catch up on my reading? I would LOVE that! For now..let's dream about it and not stress too much- Thanks!

Leslie Carroll said...

Lucy, thank you, you made my day! I do hope you enjoy reading NOTORIOUS ROYAL MARRIAGES as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Lucy said...

Leslie you write terrific books:) I just know I'm going to love this one!

Arleigh said...

There are way too many to list! I just added The Queen's Mistake (Diane Haeger) and The Tudor Rose (Margaret Campbell Barnes) to my stack!