Monday, November 9, 2009

Sophia's Corner- Book Review of Little Women


Little Women, Louisa May Alcott




This is the story about 4 sisters. Their names are Meg, the oldest, Jo, Beth and Amy the littlest. Their father was at war and the girls lived with their mother. Meg gets married, Jo is a writer, Beth is very kind but gets very sick and Amy grows up and goes lives in Europe with her aunt. Many sad things happen about sickness and happiness. But there's good happy parts too.

What I liked best: I liked their Christmas and when they gave breakfast to the poor and how they helped eachother.


What I didn’t like so much: There is a very sad part in this story that made me cry about one of the sisters.
I liked this book but it’s not one of my favourites even though it has pretty photos.

I give this book 3 castle only because it was good but it wasn't one of my favourites.




 Sophia



12 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I really love that book!

May said...

It's a wonderful story.

Chrisbookarama said...

That's one of my favorite parts too.

This was the first 'grown up' book I ever received. It made me want to have sisters just like the March family. I only have brothers. I wanted to be just like Jo!

I hope you read more classics like this one. I'm reading The Secret Garden to my daughter now.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your review! :) I never read this one, even though I was given a very pretty hardcover one for Christmas one year. One of these days I'll pick it up!

Classics are fun..I LOVED the Secret Garden!

Sheila Deeth said...

I read it, and then devoured all the sequels too, after I had my appendix out as a kid and was stuck indoors during summer.

BurtonReview said...

Sophia~ You will adore this book when you re-read it and enjoy the whimsical pleasures of Family. Trust me (* & All of commenters above)


I will have a Louisa May Alcott post on Wednesday, be sure to stop by =)

Arleigh said...

I can't believe I've never read this book! Thanks Sophia for your review! I may just have to read it, even though it's sad.

Gricel said...

I always liked the part about Christmas too :)

Donna said...

I haven't read this book but I have seen the movie (or one version of it). Very nice review!

Atharva said...

Hey i read this book from a library , it was just good. good review , keep writing.

Lucy said...

Sophia says:

Thanks everybody for saying nice things about my review. I'll review lots of more books and write again soon. Bye.

BookChook said...

Sophia, I am so glad to see you are still writing reviews - great ones too. I loved Little Women, and it made me cry too. My favourite is Jo.