Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Fortnight almost here...ABC Challenge: J


Featuring the Letter

 My read for this fortnight is Jean Plaidy's EXCELLENT novel: Louis The Well Beloved.  
 
This one is the first book in her French Revolutions Series.  It takes a look at Louis XV's life from early childhood to the brewing of the Revolution.  We also get to read about his early relationship with La Pompadour (oh-la-la!).  I devoured this book and look forward to reading the next one of this series: Road to Compiegne.

6 comments:

BurtonReview said...

A perfect read for your challenge!

Lucy said...

Yes Marie! I will definitely include this one as well;)

Marg said...

I must get back and read some Plaidy at some point.

Mystica said...

I've just finished Uneasy lies the Head but my knowledge of Plaidy is limited to just two books. The writing is fabulous and I just want to read more.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. They always do.

Lucy said...

Hi Marg- Yes, you used to read alot of Plaidy at one point-you definitely have to get back to reading her:)

Hi Mystica- If you loved that one, the series follows into the other characters'lives. I agree it's fabulous writing.

Librarypat- Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my reviews:)