Friday, May 27, 2011

Semi-Finalist for the Grand "Not going to the BEA" Event...

So, this morning I am announcing the Semi-Finalist for this grand Event. The winner here gets her name sent over to Historical-fiction.com, where Arleigh will announce the winner from the results tallied on my site and of my dear friend, Marie from Burton Book Review.

So...on with my answers:

1) My favourite all-time King is none other than....LOUIS XIV  (A close second would have been the rakish Charles II- And, yes you're right Roberta Nappy and Josephine were Emperor/ess and that's why I didn't choose them..but I digress!)

2) This one seemed quite easy for all of you...Marie Antoinette of course!!!

3) and last but definitely not least:  Absolutely Without a doubt: TRIANON!!! If you love marie Antoinette, you MUST read this.

So who got this all right?  Two of you:  Roberta and Library Pat- Great Job!  But there can only be one winner here- so off to the hat  these 2 names did go.  My precious youngest was priveleged to pick the name from the hat (paper bag really)....

The Winner is........Drum roll....ROBERTA!!! 

Congrats- you are one of the Semi-Finalists!!!  Please stay tuned at Arleigh's blog for the Grand Result.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE that participated.  Thank you for being such great sports and attentive readers:)

3 comments:

Roberta said...

OMG!!! Wow...I'm so excited...I've been out all day...had to get away from my laptop with all the blog/techy/design stuff...AND what a way to make my Day reading this POST. Thanks Lucy ;) I'm hopping on over now to Arleigh's blog...woo hoo!!!

BurtonReview said...

I keep waiting for Trianon to drop its price a bit. I want to read all of hers.

Roberta said...

Hi Lucy! All of my fabulous books are arriving and I blogged about it today ;) THANKS so much and hope you have a fabulous week. Fondly, Roberta

http://con-tain-it.typepad.com/love_shack_nonsense/2011/06/meet-me-on-mailbox-monday.html